Details on vacuum drying
The principle of vacuum drying
Achieving a rapid drying process at low temperatures that protects the product and also reaches deep pores requires the special field of drying technology, or vacuum drying.
The complete product is placed in the vacuum chamber and subjected to a vacuum, which reduces the boiling point and this vaporises the water, even at low temperatures. The pressure (vacuum) reaches all parts of the product, so that the moisture is completely vaporised and discharged via the vacuum system. Homogeneous drying is achieved in a very short time.
The part undergoing drying generally brings the necessary thermal energy with it from the upstream process. If the available energy is insufficient, external energy can be supplied to the product in parallel.
Vacuum drying systems
As drying requirements differ greatly, our vacuum dryers are generally specially designed to meet your requirements. We have previously implemented a large number of vacuum drying systems, which means we can draw on standardised components and solutions, enabling attractive pricing.
Our dryers can also be easily retrofitted in existing production lines, or be operated as stand-alone solutions with their own PLC controller.
Posile designs and components of a Meier vacuum dryer:
We offer concepts in a round or rectangular design, and as open-top, front-loading, tunnel or special systems.
- Heating systems for alternating drying
- Central vacuum pump stations
- Feed systems
- Visualisation and documentation
- Explosionprotection (ATEX) with in-house expertise
- Vacuum-sealed feedthroughs for rotation of goods racks
- Air ducts for even heat treatment
- Clean-room technology
- Preparation for exhaust air ducts
- System evaluation, relocation, retrofitting
How you benefit:
- Reduced energy/operating costs
- Short cycle/drying times
- Drying process that protects materials
- Drying independent of geometry
- Maximum level of drying and quality
- Corrosion problems ruled out
- Low maintenance required
- Automotive and rail industry
- Electrical industry
- Research and development
- Glass and ceramics industry
- Mechanical and systems engineering
- Medical devices
- Metal processing industry
- Surface industry
If you have any questions about our services or would like to receive an individual offer, feel free to contact us! Simply call us on +49-2871-21927-0 for a personal consultation. Or email us at email@example.com.